Tuesday, March 03, 2009

The Joys of Staycations

I had a good, long (but not long enough) staycation after Christmas. And I noticed a lot of other people did the staycation thing as well. If I wasn't in D.C. for the inauguration festivities this would have been another long staycation weekend for me.

Whoever invented the staycation were they cheap or were they smart? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE to travel and I have some great travel plans already for 2009 but after my late December/early January staycation I really appreciate the time at home or in the city that I live in to do what I want, when I want and just to relax and enjoy with no pressure to do anything or deadlines to meet. I also like the savings. There is really no place like home.

But if I had to do my last staycation all over again (or if I had another one coming up) I would do the following:
- read a book
- watch movies
- hit a spa for a nice massage
- do a touristy thing (i.e. go to the top of the Rock, go to the Empire State building, etc.)
- depending on the weather I would go to the park
- go ice skating (last time I tried to go it was too warm)
- go to bed late and sleep in

Oh how my staycation seems so long ago and I'm already ready for another one. Just listing all the things I would do makes me want to jump in to bed and put the covers over my head. But it doesn't look like I'll be able to do another staycation until March (I hope). When you go on staycation, what do you do?

No comments: