Monday, March 30, 2009

March Freebies

I have to say March was a very good month for me. I think it helped that it was my birthday month. Everybody offers birthday specials and you can really take advantage of some sweet deals.

1. Free Meals & Drinks
I want to thank all my friends that took me out for various birthday lunches, dinners and drinks. I also want to thank y'all for supporting my "no eating out" month challenge. Some might say I was being cheap but those that know me knows the challenge was about pushing myself to cook and comparing the financials of paying to eat out vs paying to cook...but I'll blog about that tomorrow.

2. Free Lip Gloss
Sephora has a deal for Beauty insiders that they can redeem up to 14 days after their birthday. This month it was a set of 3 lip glosses.

3. Free Game Play
I LOVE Dave & Busters. I have a registered Power Card so D&B sent me an email for $10 worth of free game play. I'm addicted to the Super Trivia game and Deal or No Deal.

4. Free Eye Brow Wax
I am 29 years old and had never had my eyebrows waxed. I had been thinking about it because every time I go to beauty events the makeup artists always comment that I should get my brows cleaned up even though I explain I use my brow hairs to cover some scars I have. So I was surfing around on Bliss Spa website and came across the Free Brow Event. I was able to get a $30 painless eye brow wax for FREE!!! SO I think I'm addicted now. I know people normally pay about $8-10 for a eye brow wax at the nail salon but once you have had a Bliss Signature Brow wax you will never want to let anyone else do it. They use a painless low heat wax that doesn't require the use of a strip to rip it off.

5. Free Workouts
I took some classes at New York Sports Club and Crunch. Right now there are some great deals and everyone is willing to let you try them out for free. As much as I love my Wii it's not enough. So I'm going to join a gym, more to come on that later.

Do you know of any other freebies that you can get, and not just for your birthday? I'm all about FREE!!!

1 comment:

Candice Frederick said...

Goodness knows I'm always looing for something free so thank you for this blog!