Tuesday, March 31, 2009

End of No Eat Out Month

WARNING: Do not read this blog post if you haven't eaten. It will make you hungry.

I picked the month of March to not eat out unless someone else was paying for the meal. During the month I kept a food diary so all the doubters could see that I could do it. I'm not going to bore you with the day to day of what meals I ate every day so here's a list of some of the things I cooked:

- Shrimp & Corn Chowder
- Ribs
- Chicken Breast with Broccoli and Brown Rice
- Ravioli with Peas & Shallots
- Steak and vegetables
- Spicy Shrimp and Angel Hair Pasta
- Vegetable Stir Fry
- Pizza Bagels (I LOVE pizza bagels when it's a New York bagel)
- Loaded Baked Potato (broccoli, cheese and bacon bits)
- Pork Chops (thanks Kristina for the recipe)

I definitely flexed my cooking muscle...LOL. But I honestly think I didn't save any money. I really think eating in is just as expensive as eating out. As you can see from my food diary I did eat well this month. I think I actually gained weight in the process. And as much as I ate I still have a lot of food in my freezer and cabinets. So I'm going to keep the food challenge going. I will go out to eat but I'm going to limit myself to no more than 10 times this month and that will include if I buy lunch. Anyone want to join me for this next food challenge.

Next up: Not charging anything on my credit cards for the month of April.

No comments: