Monday, June 15, 2009

Challenge Carry Over

I have done a few challenges this year everything from not eating out for a month to purposely living on 5 to 10% less of my salary. But when the challenges end I don't necessarily go back to what I was doing before I started the challenge.

I still try to cook as often as I can. And I'm proud of me when I bring lunch 2 or 3 days a week. Or when I eat dinner at home instead of going for convenience and eating out.

I still try to live on less. I don't buy books I borrow them from the library or wait for my request to come up in the book swap club. When I go out to a club I make sure to get there when entry is free. I used to get a pedicure/manicures every 2 weeks, now I go once a month.

I've curbed my travel plans BUT I do feel like I'm spending more to hang out locally it's just not nearly as much as if I was traveling. And I only use one credit card and my debit card. Any other cards are out of use. I pay the bill off every month or if not the entire balance, most of it.

In what ways are you challenging yourself? Personally? Professionally? Financially? Etc.?

No comments: