Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Falling Off the Wagon

We all fall off the wagon. No I don't mean the kind of falling off the wagon that requires rehab. I'm talking about when you set a goal(s) and don't quite achieve it or you are progressing towards it and stop short.

I periodically refer to my goals for the year and at one point I thought I was making really good progress. But I looked back at it this weekend and I realized that I haven't finished reading a book in about 6 weeks.

Everyday I enter my apartment and I realize how much I need/want to purge. I've gradually gotten rid of clothes but I still need to cut the heart strings attached to my t-shirt collection. And papers are a constant problem for me. Most journalists are pack rats.

But the good thing about falling off the wagon is recognizing when you are falling short of your goals.

No comments: