Thursday, February 26, 2009

29 Things About Me

Since it's getting close to my 29th birthday and I have been tagged quite a few times on other peoples 25 things about me postings I have decided to do 29 things about me. Hopefully by the time you see this blog I will be on my way to Orlando for my 29th birthday vacation.

1. My favorite color is Carolina Blue.

2. I LOVE to eat.

3. I want a boyfriend so I need to seriously get back in to the dating game.

4. I read A LOT...newspapers, magazines, books, websites...if it's interesting I'm reading it.

5. I'm a disciple of Suze Orman. Most people don't know that I've been studying personal finance and it has been a passion of mine for the last 3 years.

6. No matter what I do my hair stays the same length. The minute it starts to grow it starts breaking off or falling out (from stress) and I end up cutting it back to the length it was before.

7. I spend more Friday and Saturday nights home alone than I think people realize.

8. I'm a chronic lister. I make lists for EVERYTHING.

9. My celebrity lookalike is Halle Berry (or at least that's what I have been told). And I dance like Beyonce.

10. Can't figure out why I have better relationships with the Dad's of the guys I have dated versus the guys themselves. Maybe it's a sign I need to date older men.

11. I suffer from chronic mind chatter. Blogging and journaling helps.

12. I really miss my Dad and my Grandma. It has been twenty three years and fifteen years respectively since they each died and I still feel the loss like it was yesterday. I wonder if they would be proud of me. Nothing has impacted my life more than my dad dying shortly after I turned 6.

13. If I could sell my house in Atlanta I would. It's a liability, not an asset. Read Rich Dad/Poor Dad and you'll understand why.

14. I worry a lot, especially about family members.

15. Here are 29 places I want to visit: Costa Rica, Hawaii, Cabo San Lucas Mexico, Australia, Paris, Venice, Amsterdam, London, Dubai, Jamaica, somewhere in Canada, Japan, Thailand, Tahiti, back to South Africa, Brazil, Beijing China, Turks & Caicos, Trinidad, Dominican Republic, Morocco, India, Egypt, Italy, Germany, Macau China, Greece, Columbia, and Cuba.

16. Here are 29 states and countries I have visited: NY, NJ, PA, VA, DE, MD, DC, NC, SC, GA, FL, LA, MA, CT, VT, CA, NV, MN, WI, WA, AL, TX, IL, OH, Mexico, South Africa, Puerto Rico, Spain, Bahamas

17. There are quite a few people that cross my mind that I haven't talked too in weeks, months, years...

18. When I was 5 or 6 years old I beat up a little boy with my Winnie the Pooh because he pulled one of the flowers off the basket of my bike. I got a whipping for beating up the boy. Apparently the bear injured him because I kept hitting him with the black plastic nose on the bear. They don't make bears like they used to anymore.

19. I love watching movies...notice I didn't say going to the movies. I don't have patience but when it comes to movies I can ALWAYS wait for it to be on DVD.

20. I had more than 29 things I wanted to share about me but when I started writing this I forgot a bunch of them....LOL.

21. I write all my blog posts weeks in advance and reorganize and reschedule them as I write more posts.

22. I have scoliosis and a slight case of arthritis in my neck so I have to see a chiropractor at least twice a month. When I say I have a pain in my neck I mean it literally.

23. I want to go skydiving in some place exotic like Costa Rica.

24. One of my nicknames is Video Vixen and I sometimes wish I had the means to pursue dance. It would be a dream come true to get to be in a music video or be someone like Beyonce's backup dancer...if only for an 8 count.

25. The secret to my career success: networking and transferable skills. How else does a sports junkie end up at a celebrity fashion and beauty website? It was who I knew and who knew me AND I can do what I do for any website no matter what the topic is. Skills required are still the same. As one person described it...I am content agnostic.

26. I wish I had a better relationship with my family but I have always accepted that we would never be "The Cosby's."

27. If I wasn't in my current profession I would be a librarian.

28. If I could have my own business it would be a 24 hour laundromat.

29. My biggest fear is not having a baby before my mother dies. She turns 70 this year so the pressure is on, most days I ignore it.

No comments: