Friday, February 13, 2009

Will You Marry Me?

Those are the four words almost every woman I know wants to hear. I'm not a girly girl so I don't usual buy in to the whole daydreaming about your wedding day. But it's the season of love, Valentine's weekend and I have several weddings to attend this year. So in honor of Cupid I came up with a list of the best ways to propose to ME.

1. Las Vegas
EVERYONE knows how much I LOVE Vegas. And if you don't know that then you really don't know me. If a man wants to spend the rest of his life with me it would be a bonus for him to ask me in the city I love.

2. Dave & Busters
D&B is one of my "happy places." Some people have a happy place that they go to in their mind. I have happy places that I actually visit when I need a boost. Just picture it, as I'm playing the Super Trivia game...Will You Marry Me?...A-Yes, B-No, C-Maybe...lol. Or as I'm playing Deal or No Deal and I've held out to beat the dealer and also score an engagement ring.

3. Top of the Rock
When the love of my life is with me I want him to feel like he is on top of the world. So what better place to ask than on Top of the Rock (Rockefeller Center for you non-New Yorkers).

4. Circle Yes or No
Remember in elementary school a guy would pass you a note saying "Will you be my girlfriend...circle yes or no?" That method of asking is guaranteed to get a yes AND waterworks cause the nostalgia of it all would make me cry.

5. Put Me on the Spot
In front of some large crowd or group of our friends. Just unexpectedly grab the mic, get on bended knee and ask me.

6. At A Sporting Event
Live from the kiss cam at Madison Square Garden or on the big screen at Yankee Stadium...pick just about any sporting event and I would be thrilled.

7. Some Place I Have Never Been Before
So I think it's just a vacation to Paris or Costa Rica or some other place I've always wanted to go and never been. But it's a trip that I'll never forget for a reason I didn't fathom.

The one thing that all of these ideas have in common is the element of surprise.
Meaning that the best time to ask is when I least expect to be asked. Y'all are my friends, y'all know me well...don't these examples of proposals completely fit me? Any suggestions of other ways to pop the question? How would you like someone to propose to you?

No comments: