Friday, February 27, 2009

No Eat Out Month

Part two of my Suze Orman challenge. I have picked the month of March to not eat out unless someone else is paying for the meal.

Now this is a hard one because my birthday is March 1 and I will be on vacation in Orlando. So how do I not eat out? Well I have some options.

1. Hope my sister takes me out to eat. I only need one big meal.

2. Maybe I will have leftovers from our dinner out on Saturday so I can eat that on Sunday.

3. Set aside money from my February eat out budget to spend on March 1.

4. The place I'm staying has a kitchen so if I go grocery shopping sometime this weekend I can cook and eat-in.

5. Make March 1 the exception because it is my birthday.

6. Make the no eat out month run from March 2 to April 1st instead of March 1 to March 31st.

Everyone can't celebrate my birthday on March 1 because I will be on vacation so maybe the celebrating can be spread out through the month in the forms of folks taking ME out to eat. We all know I LOVE to eat.

As with the last challenge I have no idea how much money I will save on not eating out. Personally I don't think I will save anything because I will spend it on groceries instead.

What do you think I should do about the March 1 dilemma in my no eat out month plan? Anyone want to join me for a month of dining in? Can you pick a month to not go out to eat?

No comments: