Wednesday, February 18, 2009

LinkedIn

I finally took some time to clean out my LinkedIn mailbox. I always tell students that they need to join LinkedIn but is that really true?

I'm an advocate for networking. Networking has been a large part of how my career has advanced. But I can't say I network as much as I used too and clearly I'm not always the best resource because I can be extremely difficult to get in contact with.

LinkedIn is supposed to be the professional version of Facebook BUT does it really help with networking? I'm hoping most professionals aren't like me, meaning they check their LinkedIn inbox more than once a year. I say all this to say that I think I'm undecided on LinkedIn. I haven't really used it in any professional capacity.

What do you think about LinkedIn? Have you used it to network? Has it worked for you? What should people expect to get out of it?

No comments: