Tuesday, January 13, 2009

24: 10:00am - 12noon

Let me start off by saying that I don't intend to blog every week about 24. There are weeks that I know I will miss the show (like MLK day) so I'm not going to make a full commitment to blogging. I'm just hoping I can keep up and that Hulu.com or Fox or someone is smart enough to post episodes online so I can catch up on anything I may miss.

You ever notice how 24 will have ebbs and flows where things will slow down and then they hit you with something hardcore. First I'm just happy to know that CTU is not really disbanded and has now gone deep cover. I'm elated that Tony is not really on the side of the bad guys. There is still hope. And of course my girl Chloe is back on the scene. Nice to see Bill Buchanan as well.

I think this episode brought up a very real issue/moral point. For the most part Americans don't ever get involved or really get their hands dirty. The closest we ever got to experiencing first hand what some people in other parts of the world have to deal with every day is 9/11. Not to say we should live every day in fear but as Americans we are privileged to live in this bubble. We live in this sphere of safety. It's hard enough to deal with our current economic state...that's already a constant state of fear...a constant state of physical fear would push many people over the edge.

But enough of my ranting....let's get to the hardcore part....watching Jack and Tony get out of CTU. The best part for me was watching Chloe and this new (weaker) hack Janis go head to head. It was almost heartwarming to see the CTU team reunited. And watching Jack get out of any bind is always an adrenaline rush. Even though we all know Jack cannot die we still can't fathom how he will get out of the situations he gets himself in to.

And the pearl of wisdom from Jack Bauer, "Where do the rules of engagement end and the crimes begin?"

Do you think there will ever be a 24 without Jack Bauer? Well we know it ain't next season because the taping of the eighth season begins in April 2009 to air in January 2010.

No comments: