Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Gratitude Adjustment

I had to steal this topic from my girl Ty. I'm so Type-A and always planning ahead that I don't always appreciate the here and now. My girlfriend's note reminded me that I need to do a better job of enjoying now and being thankful for what I have every day.

Here are my gratitude adjustments:

- No matter how stressed or tired I am I will be thankful that I am employed. There are so many that aren't and we all are in jeopardy of losing our jobs. Job security just doesn't exist anymore.

- I will make the most of my free time and try to do a better job of relaxing.

- I will spend more time with my Mom. I don't have a lot of free time but I need to do a better job of spending quality time with my Mom. Going to get my mail once to twice a month does not qualify as quality time.

Overall I just want to be thankful more and complain less. Times are tough but they could always be worse so I want to appreciate life for what it is not what I wish it could be.

No comments: