Monday, January 26, 2009

Meet to Eat

It's time again for that wonderful New York City tradition -- Restaurant Week! Twice a year, in the winter and summer, there is a unique opportunity to experience some of New York City's finest restaurants for a fraction of the usual price.

Some of Manhattan's trendiest and best restaurants offer three-course lunches for $24.07 (is a cute play on 24/7) and three-course dinners for $35.00 (beverage, tax and gratuity not included). Restaurant Week is a great opportunity to try out a restaurant that may usually be out of your budget, or test some new restaurants with a little less financial risk.

But I love Restaurant Week not only for the food but for the fellowship. I always make a point to schedule as many Restaurant Week meals as I can because it's a good, not so expensive, excuse to get together. There are some people I literally only see in person during Restaurant Week. The rest of the year we talk online and keep up through Facebook. I know that sounds sad but it's true...the life of busy New Yorkers. Good food and good friends, what could be better than that?

This year I have RSVP's at Tao, City Lobster and Steakhouse, Kobe Club, The Water Club and Victor's Cafe. A week of feasting...I...LUV...IT!!!

No comments: