Thursday, January 01, 2009

Goals for 2009

This year I've decided to do a little something different. I'm going to make 9 goals that I will strive to achieve in 2009.

1. Read 30 books
I attempted this in 2008 and only got half way there but I'm all about try and try again.

2. Pay off my debt consolidation loan
My last loan payment is supposed to be September 28, 2009 and then I will be credit card debt free.

3. Get back in shape
I'm so happy Santa bought me a Wii. Working out is now so much fun and I can do it anytime I want and totally at my convenience.

4. Keep on cooking
When I think back to 2007...2006...2005...I have come a long way in terms of cooking and I hope to do more of that in 2009.

5. 3 to 6 months of expenses in to my savings
Hopefully I won't have as many rainy days in 2009 where I will need to tap into my emergency savings. I want to build a real financial cushion.

6. Relax more
Anyone knows me knows that I am super Type-A personality. I have a very hard time relaxing. So I'm going to try and do more of that in 2009.

7. Stay healthy
I haven't had a serious asthma attack in a year. I want to stay on top of my asthma, keep getting my allergy shots, be consistant with my chiropractor appointments and just do what I have to do to stay in the best of health.

8. Travel some place I have never been to before
The point of me taking a hiatus from Las Vegas was so I could travel to other places. So in 2009 I need to go some place I have never been before.

9. Purge my apartment
I still have boxes that I have never unpacked from when I first moved to NYC. And I have stuff in my Mom's attic that she wants me to also go through and get rid of. So it's time to, in the words of Tim Gunn, keep it, chuck it or donate it.

I'm all about setting realistic goals for myself. I feel if you aim too high you'll only be disappointed if you don't reach it. So here's to another year of growing personally and professionally.

No comments: