Thursday, January 15, 2009

Do You Hear What I Hear?

I had another blog post planned for today. But when God speaks, you have to stop and listen. This week he has spoken to me twice.

I don't get hints. For me to understand something someone has to be pretty blatant. This week I was complaining and stressing about being pressed for time and God made a way out of no way. All my meetings were canceled on Tuesday and I was able to do a lot of work on one major project. It's exactly what I wanted and needed.

So I know you are like how do I know that was God. I don't know...we never know. But I had been stressing, losing sleep and praying for relief. I had talked to a friend about what do you do when you know you are at your end. I was at my end but God came through. I'm not religious, I'm not a strong believer, you won't catch me in church every Sunday. But I have a strong spirituality. I have always believed in a higher power guiding and shaping my life. I may call HIM GOD and you may call it something else.

But God is very good at sending you a message through other people. And HE did it when I was least expecting it.

I ALWAYS have something to read when I'm riding the subway because I don't want random homeless people to bother me. I'm currently reading Rich Dad/Poor Dad. And this guy across the aisle from me offers me a piece of paper. I thought it was a note about God because on the connecting train a Jehovah Witness tried to offer me something. But I looked more closely and it didn't have that much writing. So I took the paper and it was information about a club called RichDadNYC CashFlow Group. I got the biggest smile on my face.

As I have been reading this book I have been thinking about how can I put what I'm learning in to practice and who do I know that has read the book. Well this group is based on the teaching in this book. I don't normally take stuff from strangers. But I'm known to hold a random conversation on a subway because I know when I'm getting off and thus the conversation will end. So I talked to the man who gave me the piece of paper. I asked him does he always carry around flyers for the group. He said no, but when he saw me get on the train he noticed what I was reading and searched around his bag and pockets to see if he had one. And then we talked about how nothing is coincidental. There was a reason that I got on that train, that he was on that train and that we shared the book as a commonality. He told me a little about himself and his wife. How he works for the MTA and through this group has learned to invest in real estate and have his assets work for him. He encouraged me to check out the website and come to the next meeting.

When I got home I immediately checked out the website and here is what it said:
A group of professionals who embrace the philosophy of Robert Kiyosaki's "Rich Dad, Poor Dad". Our goal is to educate ourselves and our community in financial literacy. It is through such education that we can achieve Financial Freedom. All who have read the book are welcome to attend our monthly meetings. It's FREE. All that we ask is whatever you learn you share and try to help someone else achieve financial freedom.

But the best part is that they have a game night. But not just any game night. They play the game that is associated with the book one Thursday night a month. I had literally just talked to my boy Tim on Friday night about how much I wanted to buy that game and play it. Now I don't have to buy it and I can play it with others.

I am ye of little faith but when God speaks to me it is loud and clear. God is in my head with me so he knows what I'm thinking and he's in my heart so he knows what I want. Literally at the moment that stranger gave me that piece of paper I had been thinking about the one business I would like to have that could work for me instead of me working at it.

So I sent the group leader an email. Sadly I don't remember the name of the guy who gave me the paper. But if our paths are to cross again, they will.

Does God speak to you? Have their been moments where you just knew it was God's hand that was causing something to happen?

No comments: