Thursday, January 08, 2009

My X-mas Vacation

Remember when we were kids and we had to write essays like "What I did on my Summer Vacation." Well now that the holidays are over I can look back, fondly, on how I spent my Christmas Vacation.

X-mas Eve - the family came over and I cooked gumbo (traditional brown and red). We had a good time talking, laughing and watching movies.

X-mas Day - more food, more talking, laughing, listening to music and watching movies. My niece arrived from Ohio.

Day after X-mas - I went to see my chiropractor. Family can be a real pain in the neck...lol. But we were all pretty lazy that day. Ate leftovers and did more of the same.

Two days after X-mas - most of my family went home. My niece from Ohio stayed over and I made sure she got a beef patty (apparently there are none in Dayton, Ohio), we went to Dave & Busters, we went and saw the tree, we got cupcakes at Magnolia's, we ate at IHOP (there is no IHOP in Dayton...closest one is Cleveland).

Three days after X-mas - took my niece ice skating and then took her to Jersey to spend the rest of her break with the family over there. And so I could spend the rest of my vacation in solitude.

No offense to my family but after a long, hard year that ended more sour than I expected I was really just looking forward to a quiet staycation. Just me, at home, catching up on reading, watching a few movies and purging my apt.

Overall it was a good, long, Christmas weekend.

No comments: