Wednesday, January 28, 2009

To Do Lists

I'm ALWAYS making lists...for EVERYTHING. When I put something on paper it's like releasing it from my head so I don't have to remember it. It's written down so when I read it I'll be reminded.

I make a work to do list and a personal to do list everyday. I keep a running grocery shopping list. I'm always checking and readjusting my Netflix list. And then I always have random lists from when I remember something on the subway ride to anywhere or when I'm driving in the car. I make lists for my lists. Like if there is an assignment on my job to do list I'll make another list of all the things that have to be done for that entire task to be complete.

Sometimes I do get overwhelmed by all my lists. Especially if I lose one of my sublists. I'll give you an example. On my personal to do list I might have "write future blog entries." So another list I'll make will be topics/ideas that I want to blog about. There are times I have misplaced the list. So let's say I lose the blog topics list I get in to a funk and experience writers block. It can take me twice as long to try and remember what topics/ideas I originally came up with. I might decide to just search for the list because that might take less time. To date there isn't a list or sublist I haven't been able to find. I just wish I never lost them in the first place.

I could not survive without my to do lists. Am I the only one who relies on lists?

1 comment:

shurgood said...

I rely on lists. If I have a lot to do it's so hard to remember everything. I really like using them because they help me plan over long periods of time. Maybe I can't do this today, but I get it to it later....