Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Calorie Counting

I am soooo not the type that counts calories. Anyone who knows me knows that I just eat and I eat what I like and I don't care what the calories are. That was until I started working out at the gym and with a trainer.

Instead of losing the 9 lbs I was trying to lose I gained 5 lbs. How? Why? Because now I'm always SOOOO hungry. Mind you I had a pretty big appetite before but I can't even describe the level of hunger I deal with ALL DAY LONG.

So as a part of my membership and personal training I was setup on a website called DotFit.com to keep track of my calorie intake. Basically I have to eat 1500 calories a day to burn 1700 calories (and thus lose weight). To curb the hunger I carry Special K breakfast bars and before and after I workout I eat Special K Protein bars. Why Special K? Because they are cheaper than Luna bars, Power bars and all those other bars. Special K breakfast bars were on sale 2 for $5 this week and the protein bars were 2 for $9. That's a hell of a lot less than the other brands.

Y'all that know me know that I love food, I love to eat and up until recently I used to wonder where did it all go. Now I think about food all the time. I'm always hungry and I'm trying to find the happy balance between working out and eating.

No comments: