Thursday, April 23, 2009

Obama and Credit

I know President Obama had a meeting today with the leaders of credit card companies. I appreciate him scolding them but I want the new legislation that I blogged about last month to be implemented ASAP not in 2010.

And I think store charge cards are the WORST. I JUST had another incident with a store charge card this week. I have 3 store charge cards: Macy's, Home Depot and Firestone. Now y'all know how I feel about Home Depot. I have paid off that card but haven't closed it.

I have a Firestone card for car-related emergencies/repairs. They have this deal where every time you make a charge to your Firestone card you have 90 days to pay it off before you are charged interest. So I had one offer that was supposed to end May 5th and one offer that was supposed to end June 5th. With my last payment these mofo's applied my payment to the newer balance rather than the older balance BUT they didn't change the due date for the promotion. AND THEN they were complete assholes to me on the phone. They acknowledge it was a mistake on their part but "there is nothing we can do to change the automated system." So I promptly cancelled that card. One less store charge.

No comments: