Friday, April 03, 2009

In Suze Orman, I Trust

Before you mumble and groan that I'm talking about my financial shero again I promise to only bring Suze Orman up when it is absolutely necessary. Well last Saturday I was watching her show and she gave away something for FREE.

Suze Orman has a Will & Trust kit that normally sells for $13.50 (not a bad price) but she is giving it away for FREE. So I know your next question is what is a Will & Trust Kit and what does it include. I snatched the description from the website:

This is an easy-to-use and fast way for you and other members of your household to create your own advance directive, also known as a living will, durable power of attorney for health care, living revocable trust, and all the other must-have documents you need to protect you and your family. It’s as easy as 1-2-3—simply personalize, print, and protect. Suze Orman and her own estate trust attorney have created the most state-of-the-art documents found anywhere. There are more than $2,500 worth of estate documents in this kit. Why pay thousands of dollars when you can get the same documents in this kit!

This kit includes:

• More than 50 state-of-the-art documents
• Free automatic on-line updates
• Verbal and written instructions taking you step by step through the four must-have documents (living will, durable power of attorney for health care, living revocable trust, financial power of attorney)
• Password protection securing multiple users’ information
• A tutorial that shows you everything you need to know
• 10 electronic books

Now I know you are like why do I need a will, trust or any of these documents. Bottomline, because you just never know. For example, I'm single with no kids but I have a house in Atlanta. If I don't create a will the house would just go back to the bank. There may be someone in my family I want to will the house too. Or God forbid I get in to an accident, my family has no idea where I stand on wanting my organs donated or if I want to be taken off life support, etc., etc. I know no one wants to talk about/deal with these issues but if this economic crisis has taught us anything it's that at minimum we need to have some plan in place for the future because you just never know.

It's extremely easy to get the kit:
1. Go to Suze Orman.com
2. Click on Will & Trust Kit
3. Click on Gift Code
4. Enter "People First" in to the code area
5. You will immediately be given an activation code to start using her Will & Trust Kit

If you don't want to use the kit right away, just get the activation code so you can use it at a later date. Some things are happening in my family that I'll talk about in the coming weeks but I'll just say that an offer for a kit like this for FREE couldn't have come at a more appropriate time in my life.

No comments: