Thursday, April 30, 2009

Workout Diary

Yesterday my friend Kee asked what am I doing everyday to burn 1700 calories. Your body will burn calories if you just lie down on the couch, unmoving, for 24 hours. But I'm at the gym 4 to 5 days a week. So here's what a typical workout week is like.

Sunday
Get to the gym by 9:45am to get in line for the list for the Anti-Gravity Yoga class. The list comes out at 10am for the 11am class. When I get on the list I workout for about 45 minutes, a mix of running on the treadmill and lifting weights. 10:45 I head in to the yoga studio and get my hammock ready for class. The Anti-Gravity Yoga class is 90 minutes long.

Monday
I rush from work to get on the list for the 6pm Anti-Gravity Yoga class. If I don't get in to the class I take Absolution. Both classes are an hour long. Before I take either class I run on the treadmill.

Tuesday
Take a cardio sculpt class during lunch with one of my co-workers as a guest at her gym. Sometimes I schedule to meet with my trainer.

Wednesday
Workout with my trainer for an hour or take the Hip Hop class. If I take the Hip Hop class I do cardio and weights for about 30 minutes before the class starts.

Thursday
Have to get to the gym by 6pm to get on the list for 7pm Urban Rebounding class. Once I get on the list I run on the treadmill and lift weights for about 30 minutes. Run back to the main desk to get on the list for the 7:45 Anti-Gravity Yoga class. Get on the list and run to the group fitness class and grab a rebounder. Urban Rebounding class is 45 minutes long but I usually leave 5 minutes early to have time to put my rebounder away and run over to the yoga studio for my next class to get my hammock adjusted. Anti-Gravity class is 60 minutes long. This by far is my longest and most stressful gym day. Stressful because I have to mindful of time to make sure I get on the list for the classes that I want to take.

Friday
I usually try to take Fridays off. If I'm being ambitious I'll take the Caribbean Rhythms class or schedule a workout with my trainer. Or I might workout on my Wii for 30 minutes.

Saturday
Normally a day off from working out. I might workout on my Wii Fit for 30 minutes.

So I think, based on my workout schedule, that is very possible for me to burn 1700 calories, if not more, a day. And I consider a workout a good workout if I'm sweating when it's done. You would think Yoga is not a class where you would sweat but Anti-Gravity Yoga is on a whole other level and I love it...clearly I love it, I take it 2 or 3 times a week.

What's your workout regimen?

No comments: