Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Failed Challenge

This month I was trying to not use any credit cards and I failed miserably.

I was counting on a check from my last teaching gig to come so I wouldn't have to use my credit card. The check didn't come and the deadline came so I used my credit card.

I'm going to Costa Rica for Christmas break and the deadline for the deposit was April 15th. I'm also going to a journalism convention in August and the early bird registration deadline was April 15th. And since I had already made 2 purchases on the credit card I said fuck it and charged the balance of the cruise I'm going on in October. And I still have several plane tickets I need to buy.

So now when the check does come I'm going to use it to pay the balance on the credit card. I also start teaching another class today so when that check comes when the class ends I'll pay off the balance with that check.

I'm a little bummed. Didn't think it would be so hard to go without charging on my credit card. Again, I'm not the type to charge every day but I do use it for large purchases. I guess I'll have to try this challenge again some other month.

How is everyone else doing in the no credit card use this month?

No comments: