Thursday, April 02, 2009

Living On Less Challenge

Where is Erika, Keisha and Monique? I bet y'all thought I forgot. It's time for our "Living On Less Challenge."

1. First paycheck of the month, take out 5% of the gross and put it in to savings.

2. Second paycheck of the month, take out 10% of the gross and put it in to savings.

Bonus Challenge: Find a way to make (or save) 10% of your gross annual salary. I'm doing it through Amazon book sales, teaching, selling stuff on ebay and selling stuff on craigslist.

It's not as hard as you think. I already scheduled to have 5% of my first paycheck for the month of April and 10% of my second paycheck for the month of April to go automatically in to my savings. For the bonus challenge I'm teaching a seminar in May that I didn't originally plan to teach.

The purpose of this challenge, as with any challenge, is to get motivated. And clearly, by how often I blog about personal finance, I get hype about money.

So who wants to join in? Come on, we could all do for a little financial fitness. Let's really push ourselves to live on less this month.

No comments: