Monday, December 29, 2008

All That Ails Me

I'm only 28 years old but my health and fitness is a big concern for me.

I have scoliosis, a medical condition in which a person's spine is curved from side to side, and may also be rotated. I also have serious muscle spasms. Stress builds up in the muscles in my shoulders and back. So as a result of these two conditions I see a chiropractor and physical therapist twice a week. But don't feel too bad for me. Words can't describe the relief I feel when I get my bones adjusted. And I get a medical massage that is covered by insurance. I just have to make my insurance co-payment. Do you know anywhere else you can get a great 30 minute massage for $15?

I also have had allergies and asthma for most of my life. I'm tired of suffering because of my allergies and asthma. So I'm doing something about it. I now get an allergy shot twice a week. I have to get the shots for 4-6 months but after this initial treatment I'll only have to go once every 6-8 weeks. It is worth it to me so I won't get sick when I go over my friends apartments that have pets. I won't have to avoid cut grass anymore.

But my biggest concern is doctor's fatigue. Doctor's fatigue is when I reach a point that I get so tired of going to the doctor that I miss appointments and stop making new appointments.

In 2009 I'm really going to try to focus on my health and fitness. I'm getting near the end of my 20's and it's only down hill from here so I have to get on top of this now.

What are you doing about your health and fitness? What do you plan to do differently in the New Year?

No comments: