Thursday, December 04, 2008

Bye Bye Vegas

I'm getting ready for my last vacation of the year. This one has special significance because this is also my Farewell to Vegas trip. For those who don't know I'm taking a break from Vegas for 2009. There is a pool for when/if I will break and fly to my beloved city in 2009 (if anyone is interested in placing a bet).

As with every Vegas trip I'm going to try and do a few things I have never done before in addition to some of my favorites. I really want this trip to be memorable since I know that I won't be back to Vegas for 12 months or even longer. I hope I don't cry when I have to get back on the plane and fly to NYC. Hopefully I'll be too happy, content and tired and the vision of Vegas show girls can dance in my head as I travel back east.

Given the economy this might actually be my last vacation for awhile. For 2009 the only planned trips I have is Obama's inauguration (which doesn't count) and my girlfriend's wedding in Atlanta. The inauguration doesn't count because D.C. is a short drive away and I'm staying with my sister. Atlanta is a trip because I have to get a flight, hotel room and rental car. So cost is the determining factor on what I call a trip/vacation.

I thought about trying to take a year off from traveling. Literally not going on any trips that involve flying or driving for more than 2 hours. But even I know travel is the one thing I can't give up.

No comments: