Friday, December 12, 2008

The Vegas Curse

Now that I'm done gushing about Vegas I have to admit I have a Vegas curse. The curse is that EVERY TIME, without fail, that I go to Vegas SOMETHING happens in terms of travel either on my way there or on my way back. So much has happened you would think it would make me stop going back to Vegas...but I keep going back.

Here are a few examples of my travel disasters:

December 2008 - I get to the airport to go and they tell me I never bought my ticket I only reserved it. So Delta, why did you hold a ticket for me for almost 2 months because that is how far in advance I supposedly "ordered" it? Then I get to Vegas and they "lose" my bag. Translation: my bag didn't make my connection and was coming in on a later flight. So why am I paying you money to get my bag there when I arrive and you get it there after I arrive? Then on the way back why do I have to sit in the airport for 3 hours? You tell me I can't get on a plane seperate from my bag YET my bag arrived back in NYC before I did.

September 2008 - I literally passed out on the plane. I was fast asleep and I felt my blood pressure dropping, blood rushing to my feet and I was nautious. I try to get up to go to the bathroom and I fall out in my seat. I still haven't been able to explain how that happened.

August 2007 - It's NYC, you think no matter what the weather is, the subways always run. WRONG!!! There was a HUGE rainstorm that flooded the subway. But I wasn't worried I take the bus to the airport, not the subways. Well the subways were so packed I almost missed my flight. I literally stopped a random guy at a stop light and said I would pay him if he would take me to the airport. At first he thought I was a cop, when I convinced him I was desperate to make my flight, he gave me a rid.

February 2007 - the journey to Las Vegas was so outrageous I had to do a blog entry about it.

I could go on and on and on about the travel disasters that have happened to me in regards to my trips to Las Vegas. Should I let my travel mishaps keep me from going back to Las Vegas in 2010?

What is your worst travel nightmare?

No comments: