Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Staycation & New Year's Eve

I'm doing my first staycation and I just can't seem to relax. I made a list of all the things I want to accomplish while I'm home for a week. Some of the things on the list are fun like finish reading a book and watch some movies. But the rest is about getting organized for the new year. I'm trying to clean, organize and purge. Gotta make room in my life for new things to enter.

Also I have NO PLANS for New Year's Eve. I know that is pretty shocking to everyone because I usually do it big. But I have had such a good year I really think I'm just going to stay home. Enjoy the fact that I'm happy and healthy. At home I have all the comforts I need from food and drinks to the tv and radio.

As this year has proven nothing is guaranteed. Job security is just not what it used to be. I have no idea if I will still have the job I currently have in 2009. Plus I have a problem spending $175 for a place I can normally get in for free or for $10 or $20. Given the current state of the economy I just can't justify the expense.

Anyone else off this week? What do you have planned? What are you doing for New Year's Eve?

No comments: