Friday, December 26, 2008

Kicking the Coke Habit

Several times I have blogged about My Coke Rewards habit. I'm down to my last caps and I think I can kick the habit for good.

I knew my addiction was a problem when I would see a coke cap in a garbage can. I would look around, look around if no one would see me, I would take the cap and get to the nearest sink to wash the cap (and of course my hands). It used to actually bother me to think about all the coke caps that get wasted every day.

But I can actually thank Delta for me finally deciding that it's just not worth it to collect and enter codes anymore. I initially joined to get Skymiles to feed another one of my addictions, travel. But Delta stopped offering miles about a year ago. And I kept collecting in the hopes they would come back but they haven't. So I'm entering my last codes. I have 2 accounts so if I enter 20 codes a day I can be done with this by the new year.

Even after I finish entering I'm not sure what I'll spend my points on because the rewards aren't quite as rewarding as travel miles. My top options are:
- $20 Omaha Steaks Gift Card (I LOVE Food)
- 30 free 4X6 prints from Snapfish (I always take and upload photos but prints are becoming a lost art.)
- Donation to the USO (100 coke points can equal a $5 donation to support our troops)
- Rent one blockbuster movie and get one for free (help to supplement my dvd watching between Netflixs shipments)
- One month membership to Rhapsody Unlimited (normally you only get about 30 listens free a month and I can go through that in a day)

Coke may have extended the program for another year but I'm hoping after 12/31 I won't be collecting and entering points to the level that I do now. To all those who supported my addiction, it was appreciated. And if you still save points for me, I won't be mad at you :)

No comments: