Monday, December 08, 2008

Travel Nightmare

My worst nightmare actually came true...but not for me.

My worst nightmare is to go on vacation and come back to find out that I don't have a job or that my home has been burned down or someone very close to me has died. Well one of these 3 things did actually happen to one of my friends.

One of my boys, who happens to love Vegas as much as I do, went on vacation and came back and was laid off from his job. He was out in LA and Las Vegas for Thanksgiving. Vegas is a good time and you can really spend some loot, not just gambling. But you don't really think about that when you go on a trip cause you know you can always make more money when you go home. That is unless you get laid off. And that is exactly what happened to him.

As much as I travel that is a HUGE fear for me. Because when I go on vacation I spend money. Mind you I always have a budget BUT if I blow my budget a little it shouldn't be that big of a deal right? WRONG. In this current economic state you just never know.

Today is my first day back from vacation so let's hope I still have my job AND that I can get in to my office (that's another blog for tomorrow).

No comments: