Tuesday, December 23, 2008

As Seen on TV

I remember when the George Foreman grill started out as an infomercial. I was in college and I remember I got sucked in to it. I would watch the infomercial over and over and over. I finally bought a Foreman grill when it hit stores. And sadly I now own 3 of them, 1 of them is still in the box.

But every now and then there is an infomercial that truly catches my attention and stays on my brain. I seriously contemplate buying these products. I even bookmark the websites for them and every so often I'll go back and look at them and reconsider if I really want them.

Here are the top 3 "As Seen on TV" items I am considering buying.

1. Hip Hop Abs
I LOVE to dance and I LOVE to dance Hip Hop so this infomercial gets me every time. I won't even embarrass myself by telling you how many times I have gone back to the website and contemplated buying. I already dance around in my living room. Why not dance around to a structured routine/workout?

2. The Bender Ball
I work so much that I just don't have time to go to a gym. And I HATE doing situps because they hurt my lower back. But the bender ball makes it look so comfortable. Notice I said comfortable, not easy. I even tried putting a pillow under my lower back. It helped a little with the pain but it wasn't helping me with the effectiveness. This might just be worth the $20.

3. Snuggie Blanket
I was interested in this one because I'm always sitting on my couch with a blanket on my legs. But it's hard to type on my computer with a blanket around my arms. The Snuggie is the blanket with sleeves. My boy just told me to wear a sweatshirt, which I do, but I'm a sucker for fleece. What really got me was that I could get 2 for the price of 1 so I would keep 1 and give my Mom 1.

Speaking of my Mom she is also a sucker for "As Seen on TV" infomercials. She waits until a product hits the stores but when she sees it, if the infomercial really got her she will buy it. Her latest purchase, Aqua Globes. She like her Aqua Globes so much that she bought me Aqua Globes too.

What infomericials have caught your attention? Have you ever ordered on the phone or online from an infomercial? Have you ever bought something you saw in an infomercial once it was sold in stores?

1 comment:

shurgood said...

The Magic Bullet infomercial. I can watch that infomercial all day long. My sister keep talking about buying one, but every time I go in the store I just stare at it and say next time. I'm afraid if I buy it, I won't use it...