Thursday, December 18, 2008

Shopping Temptations

I think the stores and my credit cards are in cahoots to keep me in debt.

The stores are having incredible sales right now. 20% off everything...25% off everything...40% off your entire purchase. The ads in the newspaper are very tempting especially when some places got hip to the fact that it's better if you DON'T ask people to bring in a coupon and you just offer them the discount off top.

And then to make matters worse almost every single one of the credit cards I have has increased my credit limit. Just as I've been working to get out of credit card debt they go and raise my limit. Damn them both. I'm NOT falling for it.

I don't even walk past stores. Not like walking past a Macy's would tempt me to go in but you won't catch me in shopping districts. And I'm using the additional credit limits to consolidate debt and pay less interest overall. I'm sure that's not what the credit cards intended when they upped my limit but that is MY plan.

So the stores and credit cards will not break me before Christmas BUT I'm not sure I'll be able to resist the after Christmas sales when they realize they haven't sold enough and are trying to get people to shop as much as possible before January 1.

Am I the only one feeling tempted? Have you given in to the temptations? If not, how are you holding out?

No comments: