Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Lexus Lover

This time of year the car dealers and manufacturers play the best, most tempting car commercials. And with the lowest grade cas costing $1.49 a gallon it is soooo tempting to go out and buy or lease a car.

Every year I always see the Lexus commericials with the big red bow on top of the cars. I would probably go in to hysterics if someone ever bought me a Lexus. My first choice is the Lexus LS 460, the car that can park itself. But I would probably go all out and buy the hybrid version, the Lexus LS 600h. I am one of those people that will carry newspapers, magazines, empty plastic bottles and empty cans around in my bag until I can find a proper place to recycle them. I also live in NYC so I would probably want a vehicle with some height to it. So if I wasn't buying a Chevy Tahoe hybrid I'd get a Lexus RX Hybrid. And I don't need a new car, these all come as certified used cars.

I know, I know...Lexus are just souped up Toyota's but I love them. And as much as the cost of cars and the cost of gas comes down there are 2 very strong reasons for why I'm not buying a car:
1. I live in NYC, I don't really need the car I have it's just nice to have it.
2. I don't want a car payment or higher insurance payment. My car is paid in full and even though she is old she still runs well and I plan on riding her until the wheels fall off.

Do the car commercials have you dreaming of a new car for Christmas? How much does the cost of gas effect your car purchasing?

No comments: