Thursday, December 11, 2008

Home for the Holidays

I love to travel. Even my boss mentioned that I'm always going somewhere. (Shut up anyone who is thinking, "Yeah, going insane.") But I'm actually looking forward to staying home for the holidays.

My holiday break doesn't officially begin until December 24th BUT the majority of my team at work goes on vacation Friday December 19th. So I'm looking forward to the 19th when everything at work will slow down.

So far it looks like my Mom and some of my family are going to come over Christmas Eve and we are going to cook Christmas dinner. Then my niece is flying in from Ohio X-mas night so we will either scoop her up at the airport and come back to NYC or hang out in NJ.

But I'm really looking forward to sleeping late, staying in my apt, maybe not taking a shower for a day or two as I lamp on my couch watching football (college bowl games) and dvd's....lots of reruns and marathons on TV, getting to finish one of the many books that I'm midway through. I also want to do some purging. It's the end of the year, out with the old, in with the new so time to clean house (physcially and metaphorically).

What do you have planned for the holidays?

No comments: